On Wed Apr 30, 2014 between 10:00 pm and 2:59 am EST, Cisco will be applying a Service Pack to the following WebEx services:
- Cisco WebEx Meeting Center
- Cisco WebEx Training Center
- Cisco WebEx Event Center
- Cisco WebEx Support Center
All Cisco WebEx meeting Hosts and Attendees will receive the new version of the Meeting client upon entering a session for the first time.
- During this maintenance period, access to your primary WebEx website will seamlessly and automatically redirect to a secondary system for all hosts and participants. While on the secondary system, all Cisco WebEx services will be functioning properly.
- After we have applied the patch to your site, a New Client will automatically be offered the first time users enter a meeting. The installation of the New Client is automatic and browser restart is not required.
Plans for service redirection are subject to change as it relates to service availability; this may require services to be redirected earlier or later than previously communicated. We will communicate any time changes to this planned maintenance immediately.
→ENHANCEMENTS INTRODUCED IN WBS29.5←
Support for Windows 8.1 and Internet Explorer 11
Starting in WBS29.5, Cisco will be supporting Windows 8.1 and Internet Explorer 11. All major functionality will continue to perform as expected. For more detailed information on known issues and workarounds please reference the cross platform release notes from your support page.
Windows XP End-of-Support Announcement
As you may be aware, Microsoft has announced that Windows XP will no longer be supported as of April 8, 2014. If you are using Windows XP, Cisco strongly recommends that you upgrade to a supported version of Windows.
We understand that not everyone will be able to meet Microsoft’s timeline, so WebEx will continue Windows XP support through the end of 2014, with one exception – if an issue comes up with Windows XP that requires Microsoft changes, WebEx will be unable to fix the issue because Microsoft will no longer be providing updates.
Starting in January 2015, WebEx will no longer support Windows XP, so Cisco recommends that you upgrade to a supported version of Windows before this date.