Cisco WebEx made an urgent change of the UK Toll call-in phone numbers between 4:00 pm and 6:59 pm EST on Thursday, January 31, 2013. This was necessary to avoid service disruption as the result of an unexpected business change within the United Kingdom.
As a result of this change, all Duke WebEx Sites will display a new phone number for UK Toll call-in. This change was completed at 6:59 pm EST on Thursday, January 31, 2013. The previous call-in number is now unavailable.
NOTE: This change only affects the UK Toll call-in number. Other call-in numbers (such as UK Toll Free, call-in numbers for other countries, and the callback service) are not affected.
This change will be seamless for Hosts or Attendees who reference the call-in number displayed in the WebEx user interface “Audio Conference” dialogue box when joining a meeting – since this dialogue box will display the updated UK Toll call-in number.
Customers who have configured WebEx to include the UK Toll call-in number in the calendar invites are advised to follow the steps below. This will update previously scheduled and/or recurring meetings to ensure the updated UK Toll call-in number appears in the meeting invitations. These steps should be taken as soon as possible.
Methods for updating scheduled or recurring meetings:
- To update a meeting that was booked using Outlook Productivity Tools:
- The Host can open the meeting in Outlook (if a meeting series, open the entire series)
- Make a minor modification to the subject of the meeting
- Click Send Update. This will update the call-in number contained in the Outlook calendar invitation.
- To update an Event that was booked in WebEx Event Center:
- Log into the WebEx Event Center site, click Site Events
- Open the scheduled Event, and click the “Send Emails” button
- The reminder sent to attendees will contain the updated call-in number
Alternatively, Hosts may delete and re-create previously scheduled and/or recurring meetings to update their meeting invitations with the new UK Toll call-in number.
Steps for Users who dial into a conference before (or instead of) joining the web meeting on 1 February, 2013.
(Ex: Personal Conferencing, wallet cards, speed dial, etc.)
The new call-in number can be found in several ways:
- Starting a meeting from your WebEx site:
- Log into your WebEx site, and start a meeting
- Review the “Audio Conference” dialogue box to locate the UK Toll call-in number
- Personal Conferencing Configuration Method:
- Log into your WebEx site
- Click the My WebEx tab at the top of the page
- Select “Personal Conferencing” from the links on the left navigation bar
- Click the link marked “Show all global call-in numbers”, and use the subsequent pop-up window to locate the UK Toll call-in number
Recommendation and Best Practices:
After updating scheduled meetings, Hosts should verify the changes to the meeting details to ensure the UK Toll call-in number was updated correctly.
The “Audio Conference” dialogue box will automatically display the correct teleconference numbers for your meeting service website. Ensuring that all Hosts and Attendees reference this box upon joining a meeting will help ensure a seamless experience.
If you have questions, Cisco WebEx Global Support Services and Technical Support can be reached through our support site at http://support.webex.com/support/support-overview.html or by phone at +1-866-229-3239 or +1-408-435-7088.