On Thu May 29, 2014 between 10:00 p.m. and 2:59 p.m. EST, Cisco will be updating our release to WBS 29.6 for the following WebEx services:
- Cisco WebEx Meeting Center
- Cisco WebEx Training Center
- Cisco WebEx Event Center
- Cisco WebEx Support Center
All Cisco WebEx meeting hosts and participants will receive the new version of the meeting client upon entering a session for the first time.
- During this maintenance period, access to your primary Cisco WebEx website will seamlessly and automatically redirect to a secondary system for all hosts and participants. While on the secondary system, all Cisco WebEx services will be functioning properly.
- After we have applied the patch to your site, a new meeting client will automatically be offered the first time users enter a meeting. The installation of the new client is automatic and browser restart is not required.
→ENHANCEMENTS INTRODUCED IN WBS29.6←
Internet Explorer 6 End-of-Support Announcement
To keep up with current web standards, WebEx will no longer support Internet Explorer 6, starting with the WBS29.8 release. We recommend that you upgrade to a more recent version of Internet Explorer or use a different browser before your WebEx site is updated to WBS29.8.
CISCO WEBEX EVENT CENTER
Starting in WBS29.6, if a host removes any attendees for an event, the link to the event from the invitation will no longer be valid for those removed attendees. If you are planning to invite people for a mass-mailing list, we recommend that you use a third-party mailing service, and then link to the event address for attendees.
CISCO WEBEX MEETING CENTER
Cisco will be improving the user experience in WebEx meetings over the next few releases. To make sure that we continue to focus on key areas, a very small fraction of users (randomized across our entire global user base) may see a short survey at the end of a meeting asking them to rate their WebEx experience.