On Friday, Sept 19th, 2014 between 10:00PM and 2:59AM EST, Cisco WebEx is scheduling maintenance on the Telephony servers associated with the following sites:
Please Note: During this maintenance period, the WebEx websites listed above will NOT be redirected to the secondary system.
Meeting Experience Impacts during the Maintenance Period
During the maintenance period, hosts and participants may experience the following impacts:
- Callers attempting to join a meeting after the start of this maintenance period may experience momentary dead air when attempting to join the audio conference.
- Audio Control features (Look Who’s Talking, Mute/Unmute) will be unavailable upon the initiation of the maintenance action.
- Hosts may be unable to start meetings scheduled with WebEx Audio (call-in or call-back teleconferencing) during this maintenance period.
Important: The above functionality will not be restored until the meeting has been ended and restarted.
Best Practices Prior to Starting your Meeting
Due to the nature of this maintenance action, WebEx Telephony services will be impacted on a momentary and intermittent basis. To ensure the best possible experience, WebEx recommends the following best practices for using WebEx services during this maintenance period:
- In cases where you require meeting functionality such as Mute/UnMute to host larger meetings, consider rescheduling the meeting time and/or date.
- If WebEx Telephony is used, do not initiate Mute or UnMute actions using the built-in audio tools during the meeting; use mute functionality on call-in telephone to manage audio users.
- If possible, use WebEx Voice-over-IP (VoIP) in place of Call-in or Call-back Telephony.
To Contact Support
If you are experiencing interruptions with any Cisco WebEx services, including WebEx Messenger and Meeting services, please call the WebEx Help Desk at +1-866-229-3239.