On Thu Dec 5, 2013 between 10:00 pm and 2:59 am EST, Cisco will be upgrading the WebEx services to the new release, WebEx Business Suite (WBS) 29.1. The following services will be affected:
- Cisco WebEx Meeting Center
- Cisco WebEx Training Center
- Cisco WebEx Event Center
- Cisco WebEx Support Center
The following WebEx sites will be affected:
All Cisco WebEx meeting Hosts and Attendees will receive the new version of the Meeting client and Productivity Tools client upon entering a session for the first time.
- During this maintenance period, access to your primary Cisco WebEx website will be interrupted. All users and visitors will be redirected to the secondary system. While on the secondary system, all Cisco WebEx services will be functioning properly.
- After we have applied the patch to your site, a New Client will automatically be offered the first time users enter a meeting. The installation of the New Client is automatic and browser restart is not required.
- Productivity Tools client* – The new client will be offered when users launch Productivity Tools for the first time after the patch has been applied.
→ ENHANCEMENTS INTRODUCED IN WBS 29.1 ←
Cisco WebEx Meeting Center
Windows Phone 8 Support Is Now Available
The WebEx App for Windows Phone 8 works with Cisco WebEx Meeting Center to deliver mobile web and audio conferencing. Join, start, and schedule your Cisco WebEx meeting from your Windows Phone 8 Smartphone.
Plans for service redirection are subject to change as it relates to service availability; this may require services to be redirected earlier or later than previously communicated. Cisco WebEx will communicate any time changes to this planned maintenance immediately.
If you are experiencing interruptions with any Cisco WebEx services, while on the secondary system, please contact Cisco WebEx Global Support Services so that a Technical Support agent can assist you in resolving the issue. (U.S. and Canada Toll-Free 1-866-229-3239)