On Thu Sep 24, 2015 between 10pm and 3:00pm EST, Cisco will be upgrading your WebEx services to the new release, WBS30.1. The following sites and services will be affected:
- Cisco WebEx Meeting Center
- Cisco WebEx Training Center
- Cisco WebEx Event Center
- Cisco WebEx Support Center
All Cisco WebEx meeting hosts and attendees joining meetings will receive the new version of the meeting application upon entering a meeting for the first time. The WebEx Productivity Tools application will also automatically update based on your site preferences.
- During this upgrade, access to your primary Cisco WebEx website will be interrupted. All users and visitors will be redirected to the secondary system. While on the secondary system, all Cisco WebEx services will be functioning properly.
- After we have upgraded your site, a new meeting application will automatically be offered the first time users enter a meeting. The installation of the new application is automatic and restarting your pc is not required.
- Productivity Tools application – The new Productivity Tools application will be offered when users launch Productivity Tools for the first time after the upgrade has been completed.
Plans for service redirection are subject to change as it relates to service availability; this may require services to be redirected earlier or later than previously communicated. Cisco will communicate any time changes to this planned maintenance immediately.
→Enhancements Introduced in WBS30.1←
WBS30.1 enhances the conferencing user experience and simplifies the administrative experience Several bugs have been fixed to improve overall usability and stability of the WebEx services.
CISCO WEBEX MEETING CENTER (WINDOWS & MAC)
In-Meeting Experience Enhancements
The in-meeting experience continues to improve in this release. Some of the key enhancements include:
- Better video experience including self-preview in video dialog boxes when a user joins, and automatic detection of an external camera
- Improved chat and recording notifications
- Consolidation of controls on participant list
- Improved accessibility in video and polling panels
Site Administration User Interface Redesign
The user interface for WebEx Site Administration has been redesigned, and provides a modern, clean, and consistent experience with the website, and its menu system has been consolidated and reorganized. The user interface redesign will be implemented in batches, with this release covering administration pages that are used more often, leaving some additional pages to be implemented in the future.
Personal Room Enhancements
More administration settings for Personal Rooms
- Site Administrators can now control rules for generating the new Personal Room URL and are able to change a user’s Personal Room ID. Users are notified if Site Administrators make changes to these settings.
Automatically lock a Personal Room
- Hosts can set an option in their Personal Room preferences to lock their Personal Room automatically in the Personal Room preferences. The Personal Room can be locked automatically 0, 5, 10, 15, or 20 minutes after a host joins his or her Personal Room.
Email notification when host is away
- When host is not in his or her Personal Room and some attendees are waiting in the lobby, the attendees are able to select Notify Host to send an email notification to the host. The host would receive the email notification about some people waiting in the lobby and can select a button to enter the Personal Room immediately.
Personal Room Page optimization
- The Personal Room page has been optimized with the same functionality, but with a cleaner look and feel.
Desktop Join Improvements and Cross Platform Support
The Windows meeting join time continues to improve in this release. Windows Server 2008 R2 is added to operating system support. Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, and Mac OS 10.6 are no longer supported and users will not able to start WebEx application on these platforms.
Productivity Tools Update
This version has a more seamless installation of Windows Productivity Tools. Restarting your computer after Productivity Tools installation is no longer necessary after upgrading to the first version of WBS30.
Additional recording security
- WebEx Site Administrators are provided with new options to control access to recordings. Administrators can require authentication (or “sign-on”) to access any recording and prevent download of any recording. These controls can be applied to all recordings in a center by using site administration or to any specific recording by going to the Edit Recording page.
Authenticated Personal Room access
- A WebEx site administrator can use this feature to restrict access of Personal Rooms to authenticated users only. When this feature is turned on, any attendee joining a Personal Room meeting must sign in.
Automatic password generation for meetings
- Many customers do not enforce password requirements for scheduled meetings as it takes more time for hosts to set up meetings. With this feature, meeting passwords will be automatically generated when hosts schedule a meeting.
Enforce meeting password when joining by phone or video conferencing systems
- This optional meeting policy is designed to meet the needs of customers with high security requirements, and is a familiar option to customers migrating from Cisco Unified MeetingPlace. When enabled, it requires that users joining from a telephone or video system must enter a numeric form of the meeting password.
Require users to have an account when joining by phone
- This optional meeting policy is designed to meet the needs of customers with high security requirements, and is a familiar option to customers migrating from Cisco Unified MeetingPlace. When enabled, it requires that users joining from a telephone must authenticate with their WebEx profile telephone number and audio PIN.
WebEx Cloud Connected Audio
Customizable audio prompts
- Provide the flexibility to personalize entry and exit audio messages to improve brand awareness.
- Available only to CCA customers who own all of their phone numbers. For example, all conferencing phone numbers are CCA numbers and none belong to WebEx PSTN.
- Not available on CMR Cloud, and TelePresence users in a CMR Cloud meeting will continue to listen to WebEx audio prompts.
Customized calling restrictions
- Customers can have their own toll-free dialing restrictions document.
- Available to Cloud Connected Audio Enterprise and Cloud Connected Audio Service Provider customers.
Support for host, attendee, and recording disclaimers is now available. These disclaimers, if enabled, are presented to the host when starting a meeting, to attendees when joining a meeting, or to viewers of recordings.
Each disclaimer can be enabled separately, whether for hosts, attendees or people viewing recordings, and can be controlled independently for Meeting Center, Training Center, Event Center or Support Center. When enabled, disclaimers must be positively acknowledged prior joining the meeting or viewing the recording.
Help and Training Links Update
Help Central at help.webex.com is the new place for customers to find training, documentation, and support assistance. Links to help from within the WebEx product now point to Help Central for English users. For sites set to languages other than English, help links now point to relevant pages on Cisco.com. WebEx University is being retired, and will soon include a splash page that redirects visitors to Help Central. Howdoi.webex.com will also redirect visitors directly to Help Central. Additional community features, including discussion forums and idea sharing will be rolled out in the coming months.
Danish and Turkish language support has been added on Windows for Meeting Center, Event Center, Training Center, and Support Center. Danish and Turkish languages are supported on the Mac only for Meeting Center.)
ALL CISCO WEBEX CENTERS
Operating System Support Changes:
Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, and Mac OS 10.6 are no longer supported and users will not able to start the WebEx application on these platforms.
WebEx now provides limited support for Microsoft Windows 10, starting with version WBS30.1.
The following are known issues and limitations for Windows 10:
- Microsoft Edge browser limitations
- The Edge browser is supported using the WebEx Temporary Folder Solution (TFS) by downloading and installing an executable file (.exe).
- Users cannot share the Edge browser in a WebEx meeting
- The Edge browser is supported only for starting and joining meetings, events, training sessions, or support sessions in Meeting Center, Event Center, Training Center, and Support Center. It is not supported for Access Anywhere, Remote Access, Hands-On Labs, the WebEx Player for WebEx Recording Format Files (WRF), or the WebEx Network Recording Player for Advanced Recording Format Files (ARF).
- We recommend that you use the Internet Explorer browser or another browser for WebEx until the Edge browser is fully supported.
- Firefox 64-bit browser limitations
- The Firefox 64-bit browser is supported using the WebEx Temporary Folder Solution (TFS) by downloading and installing an executable file (.exe).
- The Firefox 64-bit browser is supported only for starting and joining meetings, events, training sessions, or support sessions in Meeting Center, Event Center, Training Center, and Support Center. It is not supported for Access Anywhere, Remote Access, Hands-On Labs, the WebEx Player for WebEx Recording Format Files (WRF), or the WebEx Network Recording Player for Advanced Recording Format Files (ARF).
- Limitations for sharing content
- Application sharing is not yet supported for Windows apps.
- For file sharing, you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader to share PDFs.
- When sharing Microsoft PowerPoint files in Print Driver mode, some content may not appear. We recommend that you use our standard Universal Communications Format (UCF) mode or use application sharing screen sharing instead.
- When connecting to a remote computer with Windows 10, the local screen will not be blacked out.
To avoid these limitations, we recommend that you use screen sharing rather than file sharing or application sharing with Windows 10.
For additional information and updates about Windows 10 support, refer to the release notes after the WBS30.1 release is available.